Chateau Saint Ahon

Saint Ahon winery

Chateau Saint Ahon is a Cru Bourgeois Haut Medoc, located on the commune of Blanquefort, 20 minutes from the centre of Bordeaux.

The property was originally owned by Charles de Montesquieu in the 18th century and following its destruction during the French Revolution, it was restored in 1875 in Louis XIII style and is now owned by the de Courcel family.

In 2003, Nicolas and Francoise de Courcel chose to leave Paris with their children, to take over the running of the estate from their parents. They reinvested in and modernised the installations of the winery, introducing stainless steel vats and new oak barrels.

Saint Ahon comprises 30 hectares of vineyards with an exposure North-South and a soil which is sandy by nature. It is planted with 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 8% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. The average of the vines is 25 years. The ageing in oak casks usually last 12 months, a quarter of which is in new oak.

This estate produces wines that show total finesse.

Chateau Saint AhonChateau Saint Ahon